Semi-detached House Extension, Douglas, Cork.
Semi detached house extension.
Brief : total refurbishment of a 1930 semidetached house, new kitchen /dining/family room open plan, 4 bedrooms, 1 no office, bathroom and en-suite.
Energy efficient Feature to bring the house Rating from D1 to A3 :
-High level of insulation to match the 2012 building regulation
- Airtightness , the air leakage test results is 3.5 air changes per hour using 50 Pascal under pressurisation testing.
- Heat air recovery ventilation system 85% efficiency
- Solar air vacuumed tube and new cylinder for hot water
- Underfloor heating with zoned control
- High condensing Gas Boiler
- A rated double glazed windows and doors, Alu clad From Nord Dan.
Sustainable approach was made for the building process and running :
- Water harvesting system ( 3750 liters ) with U.V filter to extend use of rainwater to the shower and bath.
- Using reclaimed roof tile for a better integrity
- Reusing existing roof tile of on site previous extension
- Using spread foam soya based insulation, oil free.
- Using recyclable aluminium cladding
- LED lighting
- Airtight stove
- A rated appliances
- Gas Cooker and oven
Before – After